Monday, May 05, 2008

Monday

I think that this is an appropriate image for today. Unfortunately, the visual suggest a party, which just didn't happen for me today. Since I don't like Mexican food, and don't hang much at cantina's, I've never done much on this day. (OK, there have been a couple of Jose Cuervo nights, but those aren't exactly pleasant memories.)

I got caught watching a CBS show called "Dexter" last night. It was a two-part episode of a serial that was originally produced and appeared on the premium cable channel Showtime. Cable programming tends to be a little edgier than that shown on regular broadcast TV, and this one is no exception. And I think that they even cleaned this one up for CBS.

HBO and Showtime have had things like Sex in the City, The Sopranos, and Entourage that have all extended the limits of propriety. Showtime has had The L Word. Sex ,violence and anything else that can add shock value. And viewers.

Dexter is a closet killer/benevolent vigilante who works for the Miami PD. The show has a fair amount of narration by Dexter himself as to why he does some of the gruesome things that he does. There was no appeal to me in the story line nor in the characters in this one. I'm not likely to watch again.

Entertainment and fantasy drive most TV watching. Results matter. Whatever.

2 is safely back home. She needs to share her story on her half-marathon.

I know that I am naive , but did you know that you can go on-line to the county courthouse and checkout the real estate facts on any residence in town? Owner. Assessed value. Taxes paid the last three years. No identification of the inquirer required. Like I've been telling my pal Roy for years, you're not below radar. Nobody is.

Hope everyone has a great day.

BCOT

No comments: