Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday


This image is for effect only. 1.1 is scheduled to take the start Saturday morning for the Fargo Marathon. Good luck, Matt! Don't get hung up on time. Finishing is a good result.

The Iowa State sports caravan had a stop in Bettendorf tonight. They had the head men's and women's basketball coaches, several players, and other athletic department yea-hoo's in attendance. And a partial pep band. I stopped by the festivities at the start of my bike ride. Pretty good turn-out for a Hawkeye town. Lot's of red and gold. I felt a little out of place in my blue bike shirt.

Congrats to 4 for her completion of year 3 at Iowa. She comes home Saturday after filming graduations for UITV. She might not be bored with us until at least Monday.

Anybody notice that it's the middle of May? For me, there's always been a natural decompression period after April 15th, as my mind and body adjusted to a less-pressured, and less stressful environment. Then it's like, May 15th, and my mind screams, "What happened to the last month?" And I then need to figure out again which tasks are way past due.

I may have said this here before: I've lived for years with a certain low volume, but constant fear of getting (or a client getting) a letter or call from the IRS or an attorney representing an unhappy client. When you work in my areas of expertise, the lines always have shades of gray. You make decisions everyday that another professional might take a slightly different course to resolve. Outcomes can be cloudy, and...then I wake up at 3 AM and stare at the ceiling.

Don't know where that came from.

Make sure you all drive safely tomorrow and this weekend.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the well wishes. Ive maintained a good base since Memphis but just didnt have the motivation for the long runs. No excuses. I'll be paying for it on Saturday. My only goal is to finish.

Matt