Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday

Short entry tonight. Need to get home, get my ride in, and start getting my act together for the weekend.

Thanks to Kate for the acknowledgement that I have readers.

All-Star game tonight. How do you spell, "who cares?"

First big day in the hills tomorrow for the TdF. Interesting story out there about the American Flloyd Landis who is in 2nd right now, and a favorite in the mountains, who has a hip injury that will require hip replacement surgery after the Tour. An injury not dis-similar to Bo Jackson's that was, essentially, career ending. I wonder if they will prescribe cycling for the rehab?

My Russian cleaning lady was in today. I very rarely see her. I don't know her last name. Irina. She does a great job. I wonder if that's how the illegals work in other cash related daily work.

Susan is in the car-shopping business. Too bad about the Tracer. It was a great car.

There have been a few articles in the papers in the last month about Iowa high schools being the only ones playing Summer baseball and softball. Some say that this is a disadvantage for the gifted athletes who go unnoticed by college scouts who have tabbed their recruits after the Spring season used in other states. Iowa's argument is that the Summer season gives kids a chance to participate in other sports in the Spring. And that the truely gifted athlete will be discovered regardless. I guess I agree. Mostly, I think baseball is a Summer sport and that's when it ought to be played. I have pretty clear memories of those double headers in the 100 degree heat. Now that's baseball! With as much AAU basketball and volleyball that gets played in the Summer, I'm surprised that the there isn't more of a stink made by some people who think that their sons and daughters are being asked to do too much anyway. I suppose that there are many sides to any argument on these points.

Has that topic made the blog in the past? I'm losing it.

So be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just for the record: i'm in bed now. back to work in two hours. Go!