Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sunday

I have been deficient these last couple of days. Sorry.

Friday has become a fairly regular Tuscan red day for after work. This past Friday was just one of those days and before I knew it, I was late for meeting people and it was then a full night. Saturday was just plain busy with biking, yard work and a cook-out with friends. It got hot too. Anyway, I never got into the office, and was not at another computer location to make an entry.

Church and Ross's this AM with Susan. Am now test-driving the Tracer. Susan has reported some problems and they do exist. Tranney or clutch. Neither is good.

Charlie is in Chicago visiting Mary. She had a little excitement last night that I'm sure she will enjoy sharing in a near-term entry. I'm headed in tomorrow for an overnight. Mary was given the holiday weekend off by her slave-drivers.

Kate is in DM visiting Sarah. I think they were going to do a training run this AM. Her news Friday was great to hear. Sounds like the position will allow some coaching and fitness stuff. We'll be anxious to hear more details in the next few days.

I had a nice tail-wind ride to Elvira yesterday afternoon. A little over 30 total miles which pushed my weekly mileage to over 100. I'm going to try to reach that total each week for the remainder of the summer. That won't be easy with my travel schedule.

The Tour is off and running. After today's stage, Discovery's George Hincapie has yellow by a couple of seconds. The first week is usually for the sprinters. The second week gets the peleton down to Pyrenees, and then the Alps in week three. The hills is where yellow gets decided.

How 'bout them Cubbies?

I'll add more later. Just didn't want anyone thinking that I was on the DL.

Be careful out there.

No comments: