Saturday, July 22, 2006

Saturday

Hey to all. Looks like a great day in River City.

Funny week. Never quite got back into a routine. I was so tired last night that I fell asleep on the couch at 7!!! Then got up and went to bed at 10. I wonder if I had bad soup at lunch or something. I live an exciting life. I feel much better today.

Margret is out today.

I have a bunch of house/yard work to get done today. With the rain all day yesterday, the grass (and weeds) should start growing again.

RAGBRAI starts tomorrow on the western Iowa border. My buddy Pete is thinking about going out Wednesday afternoon for a couple of days of riding and partying. The DM Register online has daily features on the ride for those who may be interested.

One of our coffee regulars just got back from two weeks in Australia and Hawaii. He and his wife were chaperones for some high school golfers on one of those "all-star" trips that require the kid to raise, in this case, $4K for the privilige of joining the other stars. Anyway, he brought $10 Austailian SB's cards to each of us as gifts. His motivation was that the Australian dollar was trading at about $1.30 to the US dollar. So he thought that if he bought $10 gift cards in Australia that they would trade for $10 in the US and it would really only cost him $8+. Great idea, but the computer was smarter than that and the credit on the card in Bettendorf was only $8+. Funny how companies have that finance thing under control. But it was a good thought.

Landis is back in yellow. Amazing. Tomorrow is largely celebratory. The sprinters will contest the stage win, but the GC riders typically call off the dogs on that last day.

I'm off to do my chores. I may be back at this later today. Have a great one.

Be careful out there.

No comments: