Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Wednesday

Middle of the first week in October already.  Hard to believe that it has now been more than two weeks since 2 and I left for Italy.  On the plus side...I think that the jet lag is mostly gone.  Last night was close to regular sleep for me.

I have mixed emotions about the impasse in Washington.  The White House is using the bully pulpit to pound the Republicans with the blame, and the MSM is continuing to echo those positions.  I think that there's plenty of responsibility on both sides.  There is a leadership vacuum in the Beltway.  You can almost hear the sucking sound of the compressor pulling out any hint of statesmanship in the cast of players. 

I heard one commentator suggest that if the shutdown included the airports, there would be an agreement today.  I think that that's probably true.

4 gave me a text "heads-up" yesterday that she was writing a lead-in for a Danica appearance on one of her shows.  GoDaddy put a pink paint scheme on the #10 Chevy for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and she was in NYC to promote the effort.  Sharp looking car.  Now, if she could just get it around the track a little faster!

I mentioned on Twitter last night that I did break my no-entertainment-TV watching to see the Ziva episode on NCIS.  Actually, I had the TV on, but I was also busy doing some domestic chores that had me in and out of the room throughout the hour, so I never did get the nuances of the show's story other than Tony's search for Ziva.  I guess I'm glad that they didn't kill her off.  They sure didn't do much to enhance her make-up for the show.  Whatever.  Bring on the next love interest for DiNozzo.

I wonder how much money Cote de Pablo left on the table to go away?  I'm guessing that she just got emotionally tired of playing the same character for so long and needed to get out.  People get tired of their jobs, even if they are well-paid.  But this kind of a move is full of uncertainty.  History has not been all that kind to successful TV stars who thought they could launch from their tube character to similar status on the big screen or in other endeavors.  Think David Caruso, Suzanne Sommers and Farah Fawcett among others.  Again, whatever.

Baseball play-offs are now in full swing.  Go Cards!

All for today.  Lots going on for me at work.  When you're away for a couple of weeks, there's payment to be made upon your return.

Make it a Good Wednesday in your world.

BCOT

1 comment:

Patrick said...

You're such a misogynist. Next year, the feds are ordering restrictor plates for all male drivers in the Cup and Nationwide series. Level the playing field, don't you know.