Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday

Halloween is just not one of my favorite days.  If they had an age limit, of say 7, maybe.  Talk about money thrown to the breeze!

At least they ended baseball this year in October.  The Cards couldn't get Ortiz out, and they couldn't hit their own way out of a paper bag. 

I had to restock the wine shelf on Maplecrest to make sure I was able to entertain this weekend and the 53rd Stree Hy Vee had the fam's wine currency at $11.99 (not on sale).  Which is four bucks less than what it was posted at for much of the Summer.  Which is why when they do have it at $15.99, I refuse to buy it on principle.  I thought it was appropriate that the empty box that they handed me upon my request was from RS in Healdsburg.

The book that I listened to last weekend on the trip to Harvest Path was another of Vince Flynn's:  Pursuit of Honor.  Its the story of the aftermath of another domestic attack by Islamic terrorists.  Typical Flynn stuff:  bad guys really stand no chance against protagonist Mitch Rabb.  Remember, Flynn was a native of St. Paul, a graduate of St. Thomas, and a victim of prostate cancer a year or two back.  What I didn't know is that he was a military wash-out due to dyslexia, and he used reading and writing to get better.  I'd say that he succeeded.  To reference Jeff Foxworthy, I'm thinking by the tone of his novels, Flynn coulda been a Tea-Partier!

My evening plans do not include hosting a candy-give-away for munchkins in the 52722.  Among other things, I need to help my pal Ron lay down some trim at 2's.  I hired Ron because I gave up my carpentry license sometime in the prior millennium.  And not because I got too good at it.  Maybe some pics later.

BCOT...I mean, its Halloween!  Be REAL Careful Out there!

No comments: