Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday

This wasn't much of a weekend for the Lt. Nice weather in the QCA, but I spent most of it inside. Another couple of days and I'll have a little more flexibility. Monday will be a bear.

My weekend wasn't the best, but 2 gets the last brownie. Her knee injury yesterday while doing some promotional work on campus at Augie is not fully diagnosed at this moment. She goes in to have an orthopaedist examine it tomorrow. I'm saying that its a torn meniscus. Whether there's ligament damage is hard to tell, but that's possible too. Her week will be interesting.

Giving Daughter of the Day designation to 4. She was the producer of this evening's 7 PM, hour-long, national news show on FOX News. You've come a long way, Baby!




My technology system is not helping this evening. My laptop has become extremely contrary. I started this entry on it, but when I tried to post 4's pic, it wouldn't let me do so. Plan B became taking a screen shot of this pic with my iPhone, and posting to the blog from the Blogspot app. But the software doesn't entirely match up, so...you get what you see.

The PN mowed my yard again this weekend. He must be bored.

My Harvest Path son-in-law has been getting into my pocket with regularity, a dollar at a time, in our version of Vegas Sports Book. Which explains why I 'm working long hours in my near-retirement years. Gambling is not my strong suit. I need to figure out how to short my own logic.

Tomorrow is Columbus Day. Most government offices are closed. If they aren't already. The market is open. There was a guest column in the Illinois-side paper this AM by a PHD professor who trashed Columbus as a money-crazed, killer of the natives. Not sure if this guy wants Ohio to rename it's capital city, or if he just wants Walmart and Ford to rename their weekend sales.

The Iowa fish wrap made news on one of the media watch-dog sites that I read (yes, the website has a conservative bent to it) for the paper's lead editorial today titled, "Congressional Terrorism". Really? Liberal media outlets can get away with calling the opposition absolutely anything without fear of being held to a standard of civil accountability.

Actually, I had seen the editorial at coffee this morning and kind of shook my head at their slanted effort to speak for the public. In such strident words. Really?

The W is here tonight. With 2 on the DL, I'm handling the duty tonight. With her allergies, W is anxious for that first frost.

And speaking of frost, the BEATER had a thin glaze of ice on the rear window this AM. I park that car on the side of my driveway, between the houses, and it always has a heavy morning dew on the exterior these days. Ice was a new element today. Frost will be here in no time.

All for tonight. Have a good week in your neighborhood.

BCOT




No comments: