Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday

Just a few lines tonight to catch up after the weekend on the road.  Always good to get back to the home turf.

Neither 1.1 nor I lasted late enough to see the crazy final of the World Series game last night.  I felt like I had held out about as long as I could at 2230 and figured I probably had little impact on the final score.  So I hit the hay.  I was glad to see the Cardinals win it, but not so much so on how it happened.  Another example of when you think you've seen everything, one of Gibbs' rules is, Remember that you haven't."  4 said that she used it a few times on her newscasts today.

Congrats to the Hawks and the Irish.  That Iowa win was pretty gutsy.  They always have trouble with NW.  The OT touchdown was the real deal.  A nice play by the QB who had the correct read on a blitz and made the pass.  Very cool.

Then the 24 won the NASCAR race today!  I had checked-in on the race when I got home, but didn't stay with it.  Then a little later I was on the computer and they have a "Breaking News" item that the 24 won.  Good for him.  Its still a two-man contest between Jimmy and Kenseth.  With just three races to go.  Still, the same old lesson applies here too: A win is a win is a win.

As big of a fan as I have been of Erin Andrews over the years, her presence in the World Series dugouts doesn't play on Maplecrest.  Nor do the in-game interviews with the managers.  And if they put any more information boxes on the screen , you might as well go to radio.  Just sayin'.

Rascal Flatts not my fav for the National Anthem.

For planning purposes.  Hot August Nights in Reno next year is July 29 - August 3rd.  The last Sunday in July is the 27th.  So my unplanned plan would be to get out there the 26th or 27th and stay for 10 days...more or less. 

Had a very enjoyable visit on Harvest Path.  As per normal, not a lot of extra activities, just lots of books, puzzles, pizza, muffins and princesses.  Thanks to the Dornies for the hospitality!.

All for tonight.  Thanks for reading.  Have a great week in your neighborhood!

BCOT

1 comment:

Mary Margaret said...

Late to the party on this, but I am good with that Tahoe timing. Will be two years by then!! Crazy!