Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Wednesday

It was a fine birthday celebration for LtPC yesterday.  Lots of greetings, gifts and good-times.  That table at Biaggi's was pretty tame.  Just a couple bottles shared by the five of us.  I had to get home to pack.  Which, of course, I did little of before hitting the hay.  So I need to schedule an extra half hour on my departure glide-path to get that handled.  No prob, he said.

I was a bit curious on why I hadn't received an email alert to check-in for our flights yesterday once the 24-hours-to-departure time frame kicked-in.  I have since determined that using the Cheap Tickets site somehow doesn't key-in that protocol.  Cheap-tickets gives you a Ticket Number, but not a Reservation Number for the airline (at least not for UAL).  It also has a Cheap Tickets Locator Number, but that doesn't seem to go anywhere.  Bottom line; I was able to complete the on-line check-in with the Ticket Number with no problem.  We're good to go.

My Broker-Dealer sent a frozen Surf-n-Turf dinner to me yesterday by overnight delivery (packed in dry-ice in a styrofoam box about two-foot square).  I'm not sure if it was a late holiday gift, or a birthday gift.  I've never cooked lobster, but I guess I'll learn.  Steak, clam chowder and a vegetable also separately included.  Couldn't be cheap.  A statement gift, I'd say.

So I need to get the show on the road.  More here from a mobile platform later today.

BCOT

No comments: