Friday, January 04, 2013

Friday

This is a good week to get completed.  There's still a lot of holiday schedules this week, so commerce for 2013 will really get underway on Monday, the 7th.  Of course, since the Boy's Golf Trip starts on Wednesday the 9th, 'bidness for Criterium won't hit a normal stride until the 14th.  Which is basically another month on the March to 60.

The PGA Tour starts today in Hawaii.  I haven't figured out why they have a Friday first-round (compared to a normal Thursday tee-off), but it probably has something to do with TV and the fact that they can show live golf in early prime-time hours.  Pretty sure that they'll get the golf done on Monday before the BCS game with ND - 'Bama.  As far as TV sports-viewing is concerned, I kinda like the Sunday afternoon, final round broadcasts.

I finally met my tertiary RCL on Wednesday.  Due to 2's furnace problem, The Winniferous was spending the morning on Maplecrest, and I thought I would move her back to 2's before the RCL arrived.  But the RCL schedule is always a bit fluid, and she was already there when I stopped by for The W.  This gal really struggles with English, but she was very pleasant.  And she liked W.  Turns out that she, or a friend (I couldn't interpret!) has two Cairn terriers.  If my regular RCL were to get out of the business, this gal would be a great replacement.

I failed to put my 0900 Friday spin class on my Outlook calendar, and made the mistake of actually scheduling a business meeting for 0900 this AM.  Bummer.

I'm giving 3 the year's first Daughter of the Day designation.  Although her timing was off slightly, her thank-you note for Tahoe was Memory Wall material.  Thanks, Kiddo.  (This is a repeat pic, I know, but that's due to a Blogger snafu this AM.  They aren't letting me get to my photo albums on my computer, just the ones previously published.)

I made the annual change-of-calendars in my downstairs bathroom this week.  I mean, it is a new year.  The tale of the tape of my old calendars reveals that 2012 was my 10th full year on Maplecrest.  Hard to believe that Margaret passed away nearly 12 years ago. 

Daddy used to keep a calendar book in the barn (and later at the house when the milk cows were sold) with very brief, but daily, entries on any notable events...haying, calving, etc.  I think we tossed those books when we cleaned-out the house after his death in 1994.  I wish I had kept a couple of those for posterity.

OK.  I need to get down to biz.  Hope its a Good Friday.

BCOT

No comments: