Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday

Not a lot to add tonight. 

I missed noting earlier this month the anniversary of Daddy's passing.  January 12, 1994 (I think.  I'm writing this on the couch, and the obit is on my wall at the office.)   He would have been 103 come April.  Old f**t fo' sure.  I stopped at a Mass at the downtown church at noon earlier this week to chat about things with him and Mother.  I assumed that they'd have the time.  Not sure they were totally proud of me.  But they love my kids and grand kids.  Figures.

I elected to do my normal Friday 0900 spin class today, since I'm doing battle with the IRS at 0900 in the morning.  This instructor was not who was on the schedule, but she's a frequent Nazi, and actually not too bad.  A bit of an eclectic music list.  Two from Jason Aldean.  Not really spin  music, but better than classic rap.  It was better than Tuesday night when I got smoked.  The 0530 class in the AM is a target, but the betting person should go with the Under.

And from the Sometimer's file.  I had dressed for spin when I left Maplecrest around 0615 this morning.  When I got to Gold's at 0845, I slid off my jeans, and slid on my biking shorts, being extremely careful to fold my jeans so that my wallet wouldn't slide out of it's pocket.  After class. I repeated that careful process, actually congratulating myself for my attentiveness.  Before leaving Gold's,  I made it a point to put on my hat and gloves before going out into the cold.  Then it was off to Dunn's for 2nd coffee.

Of course, when I got to the Dunn's parking lot, I took inventory, and had to return to Gold's to pick up my phone which I had left on a lobby table where I had set my stuff to put on my hat and gloves.  It's a wonderful life.
 
My regular RCL is back on duty.  I had left her a note last week when I thought that she was back, thanking her for an Italian bottle of wine that was on my couch table.  It was an odd bottle, and not the variety that I had told her was one of my Italian favorites, but I didn't think that I had bought it.    This week, a prime bottle of Barbarra di Asti was on the table.  The exact bottle I told her to bring back from her Italy trip.  Did the substitute-substitute leave the earlier bottle?  I'm confused.

Not sure if it is a national movement, but the tax-preparing companies are very active on the local airwaves.  H & R Block.  Jackson-Hewitt.  TurboTax.  Lots of TV and radio commercials.  Who the flock wants to do a bunch of dinky, individual tax returns?  Trust me.  Those testimonials from "expert" preparers are not stable individuals.  Take my free advice.  Run!, don't walk!!  Anybody who wants to do tax returns, and enjoys the process, has some troubling mental issues.

Glad game:  we've passed the half-way point of the Big O's Presidency.  Sorry.  Couldn't help myself.

Off to Harvest Path tomorrow to catch up with 1.01 and 1.02.  Maybe something here from the road if I can get @srh4 to do the driving.

Make it a Good Friday.

BCOT

No comments: