Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday

There's not a lot of news here this week.  I may be in recovery from the golf trip.

Here's a few ideas for my 2013 plans:

1.  January Scottsdale golf trip.  Check.
2.  St. Paul in February for George Strait.  Scheduled.
3.  Phoenix in April for CPA conference.
4.  Fargo or NYC in May.
5.  TOMRV in June.
6.  July-August golf to a 12 handicap
7.  KC for a long weekend in late July.
8.  September to Italy for 12 days.
9.  NYC for a long weekend in October
10.  Turkey Trot in November.
11.  Christmas in TC.

July 4th is a Thursday this year.  Sounds like a 4-day weekend to me.  I've done Memorial Day in Woodbury each of the last two years.  Why wouldn't I again?  And if the Sister's Half becomes a reality, I'm there as the support team.  There'll be an Iowa football game or two, and I want to do a Cubs' game with an overnight to allow for post-game dinner and cocktails in Wrigleyville.

For all of the above, I need to keep'er between the ditches, and keep a little rubber between me and the pavement while on the bike.

On the intellectual side of things, I need to suck it up and complete the book on Baseball with Daddy.  I must be half-way or so done with the writing.  Discipline a couple of nights a week this Winter could be enough to come to a conclusion.  I'll need 2's help to do the printing.  If I get this thing done, the year will be a success, even if nothing else makes it to the finish line.

Moving on.

The new Man Bag was a hit on the trip to Scottsdale.  Thank you to all for the gift.  It still is inconvenient with the Oakley sunglasses case, but I think I have that covered with the laptop valise.  For Italy, I may just take some sunglasses that are a little more compact to transport.

My newest display of Sometimer's went over the edge to new territory.  On my birthday night when we gathered for a couple glasses of wine and hors deouvres at Biaggi's, I had a situation where I paid a partial tab with cash...AND with my credit card!  (This was after the primary party, where my friends paid the tab, and I had stopped to visit a client who was sitting alone at a table near the exit from the bar area.)  The waiter was very grateful to me as I left the restaurant, and I had no clue why...until I called up my credit card statement online Tuesday (to see the damages from PHX).  The Biaggi's charge was unexpectedly there.  Hmmm.  I was able to put together some facts and it made sense.

The waiter probably should have made more of an effort to explain what I had done, but he was too inexperienced to go there.  I was definitely distracted at the time, but looking back, it seems like my internal data-processor juxtaposed elements while I tried to keep a conversation with the client going, and getting out the door at the same time.  I consider it new territory on my march to old age.

I'm off to see if the RCL showed today.

BCOT

No comments: