Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Tuesday

Well, that sure wasn't the most exciting end to the college football season.  At least for ND fans.  I think our only shot would have been to sneak Johnny Football into an ND uniform before the game.  The good news for me is that I didn't watch much after the first quarter, fair weather fan that I am.  At least they now have an idea of how much further they have to go to get to the top of the hill.

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this here before, or if any of my loyal followers have known that I share this day with The King of Rock and Roll.  Elvis would have been 77 today.  He passed in 1977 at the age of 42.  I was never a huge fan of Elvis', almost a non-fan during his earlier years.  But I had a vicarious interest in his voice, even as he became a caricature of his younger self in the '70's. And I kinda liked his corny old movies.  I never saw him in concert, and he isn't one of the select few whom I would walk across the street to meet.

We have that sublimation thing going on here again.  Snow evaporating without a big "melt" happening.  The piles and coverage just seem to shrink away.  Highs in the 40's today.

Departure for PHX is around 1330 tomorrow.  Thursday is supposed to be a nice day with temps over 70, but Friday and Saturday look to be only in the mid-50's.

I was stunned to learn earlier this week that I have now owned Margret for over 10 years!  That revelation came by way of the Scott County Treasurer who issued me new license plates for the car under their 10-year-replacement program.  Wow!  I recall the trip to Southern Wisconsin to pick up the car, but it doesn't feel like it has been that long ago.  Time does fly by, eh?

All for now.  Busy day to get ready for Arizona.

Thanks for reading.

BCOT





No comments: