Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday

I taking a few minutes at the office to throw up some chat before heading down to Muskie for a late afternoon golf date with my pals Ron and Cal.  Wednesday afternoons in the Summer are not supposed to be spent in the office!

For those of you not on Twitter, here's the pic taken this AM of my pal Ron completing installation of the new windows in the West side of my house.  (I'll add a second pic later once he has the windows in and the siding back up.)  This was a little project that I had decided upon a year ago, and had purchased the Andersen windows at that time. But my hired man got caught up with RAGBRAI prep, then the ride itself, and then the school year.  He must need some spending money this year!  My goal is to get more light and cross-ventilation in my living room.

Another sign of my limitations:  the dress-shorts that I bought on my last 30%-off coupon at Kohl's were supposed to be Navy blue.  They looked that color in the store.  Wearing them today for the first time...and they're black.  (Not being racist, here.)Worse still, the only back pocket is on the right side...and I always carry my wallet and cash envelope in my left rear pocket.  Really a disconcerting dress day for LtPC.

My wedding suit (and the two others with the deal at Jos A. Bank) were measured for fitting yesterday.  There's a two-week estimate on completion.  The tailor was/is a nice Asian gal from Thailand, who was very apologetic for me having to make a second trip for the fitting.  My aggravation was soften by her demeanor.  Over/Under on them getting the waist correct?  Call me a skeptic, but I'm all over the Under.

Another disturbing thought:  red wine on the driveway (or on the deck after Fitness Club) just doesn't have the same appeal when its 90, humid and windy...as say a good cold beer or a rum/lemonade smoothie.  That really must mean that the weather is getting to me, eh?

More later from the road. 

BCOT





No comments: