Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday...UPDATED

So the new windows are pretty much installed.  I think that my pal Ron has just a little touch-up work to do this AM.  From both the inside and the outside, they look like they have always been in place.  My next step is to decide on shades of some sort as that afternoon sun might be a little bright if it is not filtered.  Small problems.  I'm very pleased with the outcome.

With the passage of the 21st, we are officially into Summer.  The downside from a biker''s perspective?  That early sun now starts to go the other way time-wise.  Between now and our departure for Tahoe it shouldn't be much of a problem, but certainly by August when we return, take-off for the early ride will have to creep closer to 0600.  Bummer.  (Is that a half-empty-glass comment or what?!?!)

Really glad Lebron has his trophy.

The market took a good shot to the solar plexus yesterday.  Companies are making good money.  Many have lots of cash.  But the economy is walking through wet concrete.  Europe is in disarray.  Politics are politics.  Still thinking that "sell in May and go away" is the advice to follow this year.  The question is, do you go back in before the election?  Regardless of who wins, I think I'd bet today on a Santa Claus rally for November-December under the presumption that there will be some pent-up demand. 

Fitness Club is a success on Maplecrest.  Hearing of it, The Big Apple couldn't resist copying the concept this week.  Yoga-palooza in Times Square.  2 has flexibility that sometimes hurts to watch.  I, on the other hand, do my best exercise with the post-workout wine selection/pouring.

Hope the Peanut Gallery has a great TGIF.

UPDATE...

Ron did get the finishing touches done on the windows; screens, locks and cranks.  Really another small, but noteworthy improvement to my place.  When you don't have that much square-footage, the little things get noticed.  I'll probably pick-up a couple of spring-loaded rods this weekend to hang some blinds that will deflect the evening sun light.

I did a lunch-hour ride on a route proximate to the normal early ride, mostly to get credit for a workout today.  Poor timing on my part as traffic North of town was quite a bit heavier than what I expected.  In one stretch, I had three eighteen wheelers pass by, along with the normal allotment of farm service vehicles, construction trucks, and various crew-cabs.  And they had laid down a new dusting of sand on the packed-tar-and-gravel-chip road, creating Saharan conditions.  The dogs on the bike path would have been a better battlefield.

I noticed in my earlier posting that the spell-check function had substituted 'Booker's' for "biker's" in my second paragraph.  When Blogger does spell-check, it gives some options, including "ignore".  I must have hit one of the alternatives with my cursor when I meant to go for the "ignore" option.  How do they come up with  "booker's" in lieu of "biker's"?

@srh4 is playing the Grandma card on Harvest Path this weekend.  At the rate that 1.02 is progressing, how long will it be before a leash is not optional?

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

Not long. He is mobile for all intents & purposes. Also VERY interested in whatever you have (he tried drinking my shake at the gym) & beelines to P & her stuff which she tolerates at this point. I'm sure that will change soon.