Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday...UPDATED

So this is my first effort at blogging from the iPad. I need to figure out how to change the font. And it isn't giving me paragraph-breaks. Coming to you from Dunn Bros coffee shop. In full recovery from TOMRV. It looks like I have a slightly different input-screen for Blogger on this device than I do on the laptop or desktop. I don't have the new spell-check function. I wonder if there's an App to download that will present the other screen. Hmmm. All this technology. Such little time. I also need to figure out this "Cloud" thing.

Saturday was a near-perfect day. Generally favorable winds. Warm but not really overly hot. Good friends and a nice, challenging ride. 85 miles is plenty for me. By the time we arrived in Galena, most of the riders had made their way past me as few folks passed me going up the last few hills. I don't think that the total number of riders was as high as in prior years. At those last couple of sag stops, there was lots of snacks and fruit still to be had. I'm sure that the left-overs would be out for the riders on their return trip home.

We did run into the guy from three years ago with the Jagermeister shots. He has since sold his business and is in full-retirement. 2 and I will need to schedule a meeting with him this month to catch up.

We have a modified fff scheduled with 3, Herky and the McB's at lunch over at @srh4's. Details and pic's to follow here after their departure.

So I think that this iPad with keyboard may likely be my preferred entry mechanism in the future. This keyboard is so much more user-friendly than the built-in keyboard in the laptop. And the portability of the iPad is a no-brainer. We'll see.

More later. Make is a great Sunday.

NOW LATER...

I did some editing of the initial entry to create some spacing.  Still don't know the deal with the iPad protocol.

Here's a couple of pic's from yesterday and today.  That's my pal Ron and me after we got home last night.  Neither the worse for the wear.

2 and 3 taken just a while ago as 3 and Herky were preparing to leave for their return to NYC.  Then I have this random shot of the rental car being packed.  Who are those guys?

These other pic's from yesterday were taken on the Sabula, Iowa bridge.  This is where TOMRV crosses over from Iowa into Illinois.  The floor of the bridge is the metal grating that can be treacherous when it has any moisture.  The cue-sheets for the ride instruct riders to walk across the bridge, but most folks ignore that advice.  I elected to take the safe route and walked across the Mississsppi.

The new Home Page shot is of Ol' Muddy, looking South from the middle of the Sabula bridge.

The local Race for the Cure was held yesterday in Moline and it did not feel much impact from the dust-up that the Komen Foundation encountered last Winter with Planned Parenthood.  The number of participants (8,100 or so) was about the same as last year, and the amount of money raised was actually over $50K higher.

So that's pretty much it for today.  Hope that the Peanut Gallery has a good week.

BCOT

No comments: