Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday

Here is my second effort at a post with the iPad. It still doesn't "feel" quite right. I'm thinking that I need a tutorial for this Blogger iPad app.

The ride up to DeWitt this morning was a solo affair. My pal Pete is traveling this weekend so I had no drafting help. But there wasn't much wind, and I dodged most of the showers that came through the area. (Breakfast was below par: if it had been dinner at a nice restaurant, the meal would have gone back to the kitchen. But it's DeWitt...a small town cafe. Whatever.)

I'm thinking that Aunt Martha's birthday and wedding anniversary are both in this latter part of June. Best wishes to her and Uncle Doyle. Sorry my internal data-storage is no more exact than this.

For the critics out there, NASCAR is on a road course in California today where they do more than turn right. Actually, I find the road course tracks less appealing than the short tracks where the bump-n-run is a little more predictable. The #24 needs to step it up.

The headline in the local paper yesterday was about that funky bridge on the Mississippi at Sabula that I wrote about two weeks ago on the TOMRV weekend. They've reserved the money and will be replacing it in the next few years. Good choice. The question is, "Will they get a new one done in the time frame that will have me still on a bike?" I have low expectations for that type of project.

I struggled with the re-assembly of the electronics in my living room after the windows were installed. First, I couldn't figure out why the large monitor wouldn't fire up while the lap-top monitor to which it is married was doing just fine. Turns out that the laptop was running on battery power as the switch was "off" on the surge protector strip. Then it took several iterations to figure out the proper plug for the table lamp to be connected to the room's light switches. Sometimer's at work.

My latest "lost glasses" story: my tertiary (or maybe even fourth level) back-up sun glasses went missing when I was looking for them to do yard work a few days ago. These are glasses that I use for local biking and around my yard. They generally never get into a car and are always kept on the kitchen counter. I gave up and went with the Oakley's. I found the missing pair a couple days later when I was doing laundry, in the back pocket of a biking shirt...luckily, BEFORE putting the shirt into the washer!!

All for now. Make it a good Sunday. (And TGIF to 4 in NYC!)

BCOT





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Maplecrest

No comments: