Sunday, June 03, 2012

Sunday

I've had a busy last few days.  My goal is to make this week totally uneventful...at least until the TOMRV ride on Saturday up to Galena.  And I hope that that trip is just an 85 mile walk in the park.

Last night's wedding of 3's friend Meredith was held at a facility near Solon, Iowa.  They call it the Celebration Barn.  It can probably handle a party of 400-500 seated guests at tables.  There were 200+ there for this wedding.  I think that most guests were bussed in from Iowa City.  Without a detailed map, and Herky in the back seat, I would have had no chance of finding the place.

I'm making 3 Daughter of the Day for her effort to come back for the weekend.  I think that her wake-up call for the Friday morning flight was the equivalent of 0230 CST.  Those are the ones where you seriously consider whether going to bed is a viable option.  Here's a pic of her and Herky after the ceremony. 

The ride up to DeWitt this morning with my pal Pete was an excellent adventure.  He didn't push it too hard, and the wind wasn't unfavorable.  45+ miles.  Four hours (more or less), including about 40 minutes over coffee, the paper and a Sunrise Sunday Special.  Love breakfast at The Sunrise Cafe.  Saturday's ride to Galena will be just a shade less than twice the round-trip to DeWitt.  I hope the weather is as good as today's.

The Winniferous and I have been doing fine.  However, just like that three-day-weekend in Vegas, it's always good to get back to normal.  That means that 2 needs to have her plane make it home on time Tuesday evening!

Here's my latest scheme:  I'm going to try to hire my spin instructor to be my personal trainer for the next six weeks!  Right up to the wedding.  Maybe three supervised sessions a week.  Golf on Friday and Saturday confirmed that my back was in no shape to play 18 holes.  If I want to reach my goal of lowering my handicap to a 12 by the end of golf season, I need my back to be much more cooperative.  On the ride this AM, the personal trainer idea came up in conversation with Pete.  The spin instructor really isn't a trainer, but she's a track coach, and most of what I need is stretching.  She's qualified for that.  If she'll agree to work with Pete and I, I may extend the offer to 2 to join us.

I elected not to participate in the PrideFest this weekend on the riverfront.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Look for more unrest in the markets this week.  Sell in May and go away...probably good advice this year.  Uncertainty in Spain will lead the stories tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good week.

BCOT




1 comment:

Patrick said...

Speaking of 3 and the wedding, is anybody bringing golf clubs? Looks like Saturday morning might be open...