Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday

So I am formally putting this up this morning to recognize 4 as Daughter of the Day.  She received the anticipated offer yesterday from FOX News for full-time employment, converting her position from the temporary/contract employee as was her status up to this point.  This is a big deal.  Congratulations to her for going to the big table and elbowing her way into the game.  You 'da girl, Kiddo!

(And yes, that is the Guggenheim in Bilbao in the background of this pic.)

More later.

NOW LATER...

I noticed at 2nd coffee that Leroy Neiman passed away yesterday.  He was a popular artist who did a lot of sports and entertainment painting.  We have a couple of his sketches in our waiting room that were wedding gifts from my college buddy Joe in 1976.  Here are a couple of pics from the Internet of his work:  Nolan Ryan in his days with the Astros, and Churchill Downs.

The sketches from Joe were from an idea that he had from several years earlier when he lived in San Fran (working with Tahoe Phil at B of A) and I had stayed over for a few days on my way over to my Korea assignment with the USAF.  We had spent an afternoon in Sasalito and I had hovered over a Neiman baseball painting in one of the art shops.  I didn't have any money then of course, but I had been on the verge of dropping a couple of C-notes on that piece.  Joe never forgot.  I still enjoy them.

Even more, later.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats

Tahoe Phil