Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday...UPDATED...UPDATE 2nd

CJ's stay at the top of the blog ends after a week.  He will definitely return!  The new pic is a shot of the Brooklyn Bridge taken that weekend in late October that I visited 3 in The Big Apple.

4 never received her due last week with all of the news in Woodbury.  So here she is as a belated Daughter of the Day.  Her quarter-century birthday.  This shot is a repeat of the one I posted from France on the August day that we rode the Tourmalet.  You 'da girl, Kiddo!

Busy couple of days here at the shop.  Lots of year end planning to address.  Still no snow.

More later.

LATER...A follow-up comment on the golf simulator experience.  This was something that I am not likely to repeat.  While it might be billed as golf, it's really not a lot different than other video games.  Sure, you swing your own clubs like you are on the course, but it becomes apparent pretty early on that, if you want to pay attention to your score, you need to accommodate the whims of the computer program.  So really, we're talking about a hybrid video game.

The computer keeps track of everybody's ball and you rotate shots just like on the course.  I went there thinking that we would be doing something for an hour or so, like on the practice range.  But we didn't get through eight holes in two hours, and I had lost interest way before that.  And they didn't serve wine.

This is not a pic of us at the place on Monday, but it's very similar to the Bettendorf set-up.  They have 5-6 of these booths that border an open area with a couple of pool tables and other games.  There's a pretty good-sized bar at one side of the room.   I think they get live bands in for weekends, and the young folks may gather for apres' ski-like mingling.  Not sure if the Summer will be the "in" season.  And I didn't see a patio for that kind of Summer socializing.

After having the W around my place for several days, I've caught myself yesterday and today entering my house and expecting to see her.  And handling my schedule with her walks included.  If there's such a thing as Pavlov's Dogs, there must also be The Winniferous' Masters.

Again, more later.

UPDATE II...I had to stop over at the bank by Northpark Mall during my lunch hour, and I gave into my curiosity to check out the sale at Joseph A. Bank, the men's retailer that advertises heavily on CNBC in the early AM.  They're always offering "Buy One, Get One Free", or even, "Buy One, Get Two Free" every once in a while.  I figured that I might find some nice, fitted cotton dress shirts to balance out my wardrobe of dri-fit everything.

They did have some cheaper standard cut dress shirts on the sale tables, but the more desirable, fitted ones that I had interest in were all $88 or so.  Sure, it was "Buy one, Get One Free", but that still calculated out to $45 per shirt, which wasn't much of a deal in my calculus.  If you charge a high enough price for one, that give-away of the second one isn't much of a give-away after all.  Shocking.

This week is vapor.  BBQ and wine on Maplecrest tomorrow night.  Be there.
BCOT

No comments: