Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Tuesday

This entry is coming your way via the laptop and the Dunn Bros wifi hotspot.  The good news is that the laptop does work.  The bad news is that the Verizon air-card is still not installed.  And the desktop is still a work in progress.  I'm now past the point of irritation.  Well, maybe not.

I am very close to committing to a house for the #7282012 events with an arrival of Sunday the 22nd and a departure of Saturday the 28th.  Tahoe Phil needs to complete an on-site inspection before I send in the deposit, but the location is good...on the Mountain Golf Course in Incline...and the space in the home looks like it can handle the crew.  I want to get the reservation done so that we can take this one off the list of open items.

The new Dell doesn't have one of those nuisance balls in the middle of the keyboard...which is good.  But I still hit keys that send the cursor all over the place while I input.  And since I have to look at the keyboard as I type, I'll be three words or more into a sentence before I realize that I've shifted to the middle of a completed paragraph above my input point.  Inefficiency can be my middle name.

This is our first "wintery" day of the season.  Snow flurries most of the day.  Had to brush off the Beater after early coffee.  No accumulation, but it sure looks like Winter outside.  Get used to it, eh?

Augie has a game tonight that I may try to get to.  They did get beat in StL over the weekend, so the #1 rating is gone.  But if they stay healthy, they should have a great year.

It looks like the new party song in the country bars is "Red Solo Cup" by Toby Kieth.  I never knew that those plastic beer cups at parties were "Solo" cups.  (He sang the song at the end of the country awards show on the tube last night.  Country cool...he comes out to receive a big award chewing a wad of gum.  And proceeds to sing while still chewing.  Very classy.

I may try to slide back on here later.

BCOT

No comments: