Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Wednesday

This is another of the "days in history".  Pearl Harbor.  According to FDR, "A day that will live in infamy".  Before my time.  But etched in my brain from American History class.

The IT folks have made progress on the conversion here at the office.  But they still have several open points.  Suffice it to say, they severely under-engineered this project.  I'm moving on for sanity's sake.

I'm declaring the Christmas shopping season in full gear.  The traffic is now at the high volume that makes ingress and egress to/from any retail/commercial area problematic.  Actually, the flow is usually moving so slowly that people will let you in line without you being hardly aggressive at all because they know they can't get anyplace very fast anyway.

Today is RCL day.  Always a good day to get home.

I posted this on Twitter at lunch.  Roy and I ate at a local Irish bar (Kelly's on 53rd Street) as we do usually once every couple weeks or so.  It's bar food, but we know the owner and we usually get well-treated by the waitresses.  Anyway, they have a digital sign over the bar that counts down the days until St. Patrick's Day.  (Actually, the clock reads down to the hour, minute and second.)    And that sign read an even "100" today.  A hundred days seems like a long time, but to think that St. Paddy's Day will be less than 100 days away as of tomorrow, makes Spring seem maybe not that far away, eh?

Busy day for me tomorrow.  Cedar Rapids for another CPE day.  And Susan's Figge dinner tomorrow night.  Lots of moving parts.

I'm going to head over for an evening spin class.  I may try to hop back on here later, IF they have my air card installed.  Hmmm.  Taking the Under on that one.

BCOT

No comments: