Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday

I should be able to add an entry today during the course of this last CPE seminar that I have on my schedule for the year.  This one is a satellite program held at the iWireless Center in Moline.  I've attended this same annual Tax Update program each of the last few years.  Smaller group this year.  Maybe the folks have a better handle on their CPE hours for 2011.

There has definitely been a change in the delivery of CPE in recent years.  There's lots of in-office webinars that you can catch at your desk, and some of these vendors will do an on-line or satellite deal for small offices where an entire staff can be present.  It saves the firm a lot of time and money, and probably gets the same learning benefits.  Hello U of PHX.

The computer kerfuffle at the office is approaching a conclusion.  We're having a debriefing with the IT vendor next week.  That should be interesting.

My friend Lee in C-town was licking his wounds Sunday night from the latest Tebow comeback.  'Da Bears were extremely complicit in the Denver win, but the Tebow legend continues to grow.  One commentator (I think accurately) referred to this phenomenon as a "mania".  And mania's tend to run their course and eventually go down.  But I find the success that Tebow has enjoyed these last few weeks a bit refreshing.  And I really like the fact that this success is flying in the face of those so-called NFL experts that declared, flat out, that Tebow couldn't make it in the league.

My spot on the iPhone Learning Curve is below ground-level.  I have signed up for iTunes in order to have access to the apps for the phone (even the Free ones).  The on-screen keyboard is going to take some time to get used to.

Really impressed that Time magazine has selected The Protester as their Person of The Year.  I think that it is fitting that the uni-sex individual on the cover has a covered face.  In the under-developed countries of the world, I guess that the cloth-covered face look is somewhat normal, although for us Westerner's, that look gets routinely associated with terrorism.  In the USA, the covered face has historically been used by outlaws.  Occupy outlaws are just exercising there right of Free Speech.  Hmmm.

More here after lunch.

BCOT

2 comments:

Kristen Charles said...

I was curious if you'd seen this yet

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/observations-from-20-years-of-iowa-life/249401/

this said...

This: