Monday, December 05, 2011

Monday...UPDATED

This computer thing is beginning to wear a little thin.  No entry here yesterday largely because I had no Internet access from my house.  And the IT guy has taken control of both my laptop and my desktop this AM.  Inconvenient may not fully describe my assessment of the situation.

There was a fairly notably recurrence of my Sometimer's problem on Saturday night.  I had elected to wear some non-jeans, dress slacks to Geneva for dinner.  I figured that the club would have been fine with jeans, but I didn't want to be the only guy in the place in denim.  Anyway, the dark slacks required my black dress shoes, which I store in my bedroom closet.  Opening the closet, I find not only the shoes that I'm looking for, but also a new casual pair that I had totally forgotten about...and three long-sleeved dri-fits...all that must have made it there last Spring.  No recollection whatsoever.  Hmmm.

I had actually purchased a new pair of daily-wear shoes last month (20% off at Kohl's, Revkev!), as I had still been wearing the well-worn pair that those in the closet was obviously bought to replace months earlier.  The synapses obviously had lost contact.

The Home Page of my B of A accounts still shows a balance due of $200 on my mortgage, but now gives me a, "Can not process your request" message when I ask for account details.  Not sure if that's good or bad.

Interestingly, as I am now on another computer in the office (not my own), the B of A website makes me go through an additional level of security to access my accounts.  All you cyber shoppers out there,  Beware!  The online retailers will be following your electronic tracks forever!

With the Hawks going to Mesa, the 'Clones to NYC, and the Irish to Florida, we've got teams border-to-border.  I hope the weather in The Big Apple cooperates.  Of all the lower-tier bowls, ISU's spot looks like one of the best.  Weather being the down-side.

Maybe more here later.

NOW LATER....The computer guy finally had some success today getting a few things done.  My desktop is up and running with the new equipment, and my office email seems to be working.  I'll wait until tomorrow before declaring the change-over a full success.  He still has some small programming to do to coordinate some of the operational things.

The word on the laptop is not quite as good.  He's saying that Dell has to ship him a replacement air-card as the one built-in is defective.  Hmmm.  It took them this long to figure that out?  Whatever.

One of the by-products of the computer project has been the complete clearing of the top of my desk.  It had to be done to give the IT guy space to work.  Plus, there's about a million confidentiality rules in both the CPA and securities businesses that say, "Don't leave client material out for prying eyes!"   I actually like the look.  The question becomes, how long can I make it last?  I get so much junk mail, and I have so much stuff that takes multiple look-at's to get done, that the pile-building is continuous.  But I'm going to take another stab at the goal of clearing it off each day.  Wise betters will take the Under on this one.

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

No comments: