Sunday, May 08, 2011

Sunday

Its always good to get home.  I miss my own bed.

Happy Birthday to Uncle Phil.  He is an Old Guy now!  But he is Brother of the Day.  There was a family celebration in Vegas this weekend.  Maybe RevKev will provide details for those who wish they could have been there.  (Hey guy, I see you came up for air!  Any special inspiration?  Hang in there.  Its trite advice, but showing up is half the battle.)

I forgot to mention in an earlier posting that the Giro d' Italia started this past weekend as well.  Its worthy of note here as it kicked off with the first stage in Turin, a city that 2 and I spent a few days in on our excursion in September 2009.  We were not overly impressed with the town, concluding that it was suffering from Olympics hangover.  But I did ride around town a couple of days, so you could say that the Giro is riding on my trail.

And, coincidentally, the Amgen Tour of California starts next weekend at Tahoe.  On some roads I have traversed a couple of times.

On cue, Jeter hit two dingers today.

One of the last things I did at the Marriott on Friday afternoon (after that $16 wine experience in the lobby bar!) was to take a stroll around the "backend" of the hotel.  I was surprised to find an expansive waterpark with multiple pools, slides, and even a "Lazy River" ride.  So my earlier observation about the hotel reminding me of a Disney World property was even more on point than I had imagined.  Interesting that the property is big enough to have a very adult atmosphere for business, golf and liesure, but have this kid-oriented facility as well. 

My goal this week is to get back on the bike and complete some regular training.  The weather is supposed remain warmer, and my travel schedule is all local stuff.

And Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's in the peanut gallery.  Can't resist the urge to put Margaret up here again.  That pic is below my sign-off.  Blogger is not letting me place it according to my preferences.  Whatever.  Too tired to fight it tonight.

Headed to bed.  Have a good week.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rev Kev has the pictures but the family did a great job in putting the weekend together. We were missing David (He had just gotten back to the front) but it was a great adult weekend. Thanks for all the wishes..

Tahoe Phil