Friday, May 20, 2011

Friday

This has been a funny week and I don't know where it rates on the Hit Parade.  Nice night with 2 on Wednesday to celebrate her birthday.  Pasta at Lunardi's.  Then yesterday was a travel day with meetings in Des Moines.  Not too many bumps on the trip, but it makes for a long day.

And today was an IRS hand-holding day.  In spite of my many years of experience, IRS audits still make me a little nervous, and today was no exception.  At this point, it looks like the agent found no significant issues.  But I never count my chickens until the letter comes and gives us a passing grade.

My latest evidence of Sometimer's is the loss/misplacement of my mini-digi camera.  I wanted to loan it to 2 for her weekend in the TC, but when I went to pick it up this AM, it was no where at home or here at the office.  I've checked the cars, the microwave and under the furniture.  A mystery.  And I really like that camera!

I'm headed out shortly to pick up The Winniferous for the weekend.  She'll get to supervise my yard work and other domestic chores.  I should have put up warning signs for the critters in the neighborhood.

On one of my evening rides on the bike path this week, I ran into (not literally!) our cousin Fran R whom I hadn't seen for several months.  (He's the 70+ year old who has consistently won his age-group at most of the local 5-10K road races.)  Anyway, he was walking on the path this week and I stopped to give him the needle for sluffing off on his training.

Turns out that Fran's running days are over.  He had had hip replacement surgery maybe 10 years ago and the doc had told him then to limit his running...which he obviously didn't do.  Last Fall, the doc had to re-replace the ball in the previously replaced socket and there was no debate about future running.  I'm sure that's not an easy reality for him.  Sounds like a bike answer to me.

The chorus of admitted cycling dopers got a new voice this week when Tyler Hamilton fessed up that his previous denials were all lies.  And, oh, "By the way, I saw Lance Armstrong shoot up as well."  60 Minutes will have the full story on Sunday.  The rats are definitely moving to where they think they see dry land.  Special agent of the FDA, Jeff Novitsky, is on a mission.  In a time of massive government deficits, I'm gratified to see the FDA expend resources to dig up 10 year old dirt.

A little later...

The evening with The W has been okay.  She's a little easier to tire out in warmer weather.  But she still whines when she's not the focus of your attention.

I've been in negotiation with Hy Vee on the wine deal.  Turns out the case on the Jack London is six bottles, not twelve.  So I received my "two" cases of six bottles each yesterday, but I've asked that another two cases get delivered to conform to my expectations of twenty-four bottles.  I mean, not to overstate the obvious, but twelve bottles ain't gonna last to KC!

Now bedtime.  Wonder what The W thinks of that?

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That would be 77 for Fran Riley.
Don is 81. The oldest Rily Loretta is 85.

Tahoe Phil