Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday

The distruction of my street did fully engage today.  I'm thinking that the crew has kind of figured out the process given their experience on the other three exactly similar segments that have been completed in the last several weeks.  The old concrete was all gone by end of business today.  I'll get a pic in the morning and add it to this posting.

The second stage of the Tour of California got shortened today because of weather.  Again.  It was supposed to start at Squaw Valley (where we have been several times), and then head through Truckee (as in City On The...) and over Donner Pass.  The organizers bagged the mountains and started the stage over in Nevada City and added a couple of circuits to the finishing loop in Sacramento.  Bummer for the Squaw folks.  Really glad I didn't go out for the weekend.  Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed seeing Uncle Phil and Aunt Jan.

My pal Ron's elderly father passed away yesterday.  It was anticipated given some recent failing health issues.  Ron and I had talked about it at coffee in the morning,  But Ron certainly hadn't gone out there to visit afterwards thinking that that was the day.  Then again, no one knows the day or the hour...  Visitation Thursday.  Funeral Friday.

Glad to know that there's an honest, new Mayor in Chicago.  I'm sure that we've heard the last of "Chicago Politics". 

Remember to wish 2 a Happy Tax Birthday tomorrow.

Hitting the hay .  Make it a good Tuesday.

BCOT

No comments: