Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday...UPDATED

Just a short entry here to recognize my Chicago pal Lee who experienced Cycling Rule #1 yesterday and ended up in the ER.  Seriously dislocated a finger that they weren't able to re-set yesterday.  So he's back at the doc's this AM.  I feel your pain, bud!  (This is a pic that he had posted on Twitter.)

Not much damage in this area from the storms last night.  The sirens blew at least three times.

More later.

Now later...

Lee reports that he is scheduled for surgery on Wednesday morning.  No other details.  He did say that he couldn't remember specifically what happened other than that he ended up over the handlebars, hit his head (helmeted!) and must have reached out to break his fall.  In cycling, a fleeting moment of inattention can lead to these things.

I know that I mentioned on Twitter that I found my mini-digi camera over the weekend...in the Buick.  I had looked in that car several times.  I keep the digi in a small fabric case, and it had slipped into that narrow space between the driver's seat and the door.  I came across it Saturday morning when I had walked out to the car from SB's to get my checkbook.  When I opened the door and reached across the driver's seat to the center console, my eyes caught the case as I was pulling back out of the car.  (Not a very interesting story, but a great result for LtPC.)

For the truly bored...

Sentient...the ability to feel, the power of perception of the senses.

Regnant...having the chief power, dominant.

Solipsism...philosophical idea that one's own mind is all that exists.

Finally, here's a little hat tip to my pal Roy who reports that the Pleasant Valley HS girls golf team, for whom he is an active assistant coach, won their state-qualifying tournament today by 71 strokes!!!  Here is a pic of him with one of his pals.  You 'da man, Coachie!

Make Tuesday a good one.

BCOT

2 comments:

camperkev said...

oooow.

1 said...

a tornado did touch down in north minneapolis, and there is still a curfew in effect this morning. many road closures and some pretty significant damage done. not much where we are..we stayed east of the worst of it.