Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sunday II

Interesting news that they cancelled the first stage of the Tour of California due to weather and related road conditions.  To the fans who made plans to watch the stage, it had to be a huge bummer.  For the cyclists too, losing the chance to ride around the lake with before what, (on a nice day) would most certainly have been a great crowd, had to be a let down.  Life's a beach.  Then again, racing down the Old Brockway summit to Northstar, on wet roads with snow flurries and 38 degrees has all kinds of bad-result possibilities.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_18069044?nclick_check=1  Here's a story on the cancellation. 

I cut off all the "Do Not Remove Under Penalty of Law" tags from my new couch pillows today.  If the law comes to my doorstep tomorrow, I'll know why.

A year ago this weekend, I was in Boston with 3.  Two years ago, we were all together celebrating 4's graduation from Iowa.  Good times.

2's birthday this week.

A final positive factoid:  I came across a sale on the Kenwood Jack London 2007 Cabernet at the Devils Glen Hy Vee on Friday night.  They didn't have a case in stock, but the manager checked and said that he could give me the same price on a case for Tuesday delivery, AND, if I wanted two cases, he would sweeten the deal by another dollar a bottle.  So anyone visiting Maplecrest in the next few weeks will definitely be sipping the good stuff.

Thanks for reading.  Have a good week.

BCOT

No comments: