Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Tuesday

Hello March!!!  Have no clue what this design/logo stands for.  It seemed to fit the day.

All that techno-gibberish-anatomical-chart stuff on RevKev's blog about his rotator cuff problems makes a guy with simple "frozen shoulder" a bit snooty.  I mean, a little cortisone, and I'm back in the spin-Nazi lane.  RevKev needs an hour and a half of PT, ice, heat and more PT tomorrow.  He oughtta check out drug-therapy.

Here's an example of the new, kinder, gentler IRS.  My client who passed away two weeks ago (at age 80...I mean, he was not a young man), had applied last Auguest, under statutory procedures, for a refund of certain late payment penalties that the Service had assessed and collected on the 2008 return.  In conjunction with the review of the claim for penalty abatement, which is an administrative protocol, the decedent's spouse received notice this week that the 2008 return is under full audit.

I did "preventive declining" at the Quick Lube today when I took the Taurus in for an oil change.  As I got out of the car, I just told the guy, "This is my beater.  I won't be buying any filters or add-ons."  He took it pretty good, but still tried to up-sell me on the oil grade and on a fuel system flush.  I congratulated him on his tenacity, and said, "Nice idea, but no thanks."  I'm taking the Buick in to the same shop tomorrow.  Their ad for a $26.99 oil change must apply to two-cycle lawn mowers.  It'll be close to $50 on the Buick, after rebates/coupons.  What a racket.

I reluctantly renewed my subscription to the Notre Dame Alumni Magazine today for the minimum "suggested" amount.  I only pay attention to the obit's and the class notes at the back of each issue.  I swear, most of the articles and comments belong in The Gray Lady.  I noted such on my renewal form that I returned with my check.  I really don't think that the campus folks there are much different than those in IC, Berkley or Madison.  It's a Kum Ba Ya world.

Augie does host a four-team "pod" this weekend in the D III tournament.  Two games Friday evening.  The winners play Saturday.  The coach went so far as to say that wins this weekend would likely mean hosting the regional the following weekend.  With 2 headed over to Lincoln on Friday afternoon to visit 4, I'll be doing popcorn and hot dogs on my own.  The W will have to stand guard on Maplecrest by herself for Friday's late game, and hopefully, a Saturday night affair as well.

Busy day tomorrow.  Early start with spin, and several small projects to do in the office in the AM.  Headed down to Muskie tomorrow afternoon for some business meetings, and then dinner at Geneva with friends after work.  Doubtful if I get back here before Thursday.

Make Wednesday a good one.

BCOT

1 comment:

camperkev said...

I'm not confident the PT will accomplish any improvement. It's the required intermediary step before getting the cortisone shot. It's been an annoying pain since November. I'm even passing on Softball spring league b/c of it. frickin shoulder.