Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday

Here's a shot taken by SRH with my phone earlier today when I stopped over at her place to check on Margret.  It wasn't really warm enough to be out on my bike, but I thought I could suck it up for 15-20 miles (the equivalent time for a spin class).  And I did.  But it was too cold and I'm still in recovery.

Margret did start, but only after I remembered that you had to "jiggle the handle" of the gear-shift a little off of the "Park" position.  Another episode of Sometimer's, I think.  I drove her around the block and put her back in SRH's garage for the time being.

Selection Sunday and all of the prognosticators are caught-up in their underwear over whether Directional State Saint Ignatius should have received a bid rather than Upper Middle Slovenia.  Who cares?  After the first week, all these "bubble" teams will be gone.  I agree with 4; listening to Chuck Barkley talk about college games is a joke.

A couple of comments from Augie's loss last night.   http://www.augustana.edu/x33564.xml  The Tommies were/are very good.  Quick.  Strong.  Defensively pushy.  They played a game that was just more intense from the outset than Augie was prepared to match.  And the guard who scored 28 could play D-I.  My guess is that he was judged too small for D-I coming out of high school.  But I'm saying that there would be a lot of Big 10 coaches who now wouldn't mind having him on their teams.

The one point of criticism that I would offer on Augie was that they were not prepared from the start for the Tommies' after-a-made-basket, full-court press.  And they never implemented, even in the second half, a well-considered attack on the press.  4's grade-school AAU team had a press-break that Augie coulda' used last night!

Moving on...

The decision is in...no battery back-up for the sump pump.  I'm saving the $$$ (and the mess) and buying the gas-powered, stand-by generator.

The Quad Cities crew will be leaving by 0800 on Friday morning.  That puts us in Woodbury before 2PM.

Top Ten List of currently over-exposed media topics:

1.  Bracketology.
2.  Charlie Sheen
3.  Tsunami.
4.  Wisconsin budget battle.
5.  NPR bias.  (I mean, lack of bias.)
6.  Sleep patterns and Day Light Savings Time.
7.  The price of gas at the pump.
8.  Sarah Palin.  (LtPC is fair and balanced.)
9.  NFL lockout.
10.Compromise in the US Senate.  Right.

Lots of moving parts in the fam this week.  Make sure that you get your picks done by Tuesday afternoon!

Make Monday a good one.

BCOT

No comments: