Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday

I'm heading over shortly to catch the second half of the first game at Augie tonight featuring the Tommies of St. Thomas versus Wisconsin Stevens Point.  Go Tommies!  I think that it is interesting that the school that 1 and 1.1 went to, and were married at, ends up here in our backyard for their tournament game.  (And truly, I had never heard of St. Thomas before 1 started to look at it her senior year of high school.  It's a small world.)

And I think that it would be in Augie's best interests if UST could put Stevens Point away tonight.  Those guys have won the D-III championship three times in the last seven years.

4 jumped on their blog last night and entered some stories about a little girl in Lincoln who has become one of her responsibilities for a very brief time each weekday.  http://www.thehoranies.com/  It's worth the read.  Hey, Kiddo, we need a pic of Preslie!

And now, The Rest of The Story...about my battery-back-up sump pump plan.  The guy called back with the new estimate today: $1380.  Not counting mess.  I told him that I needed to think about it over the weekend.  I mean, I can pick up a new gas-powered generator for $300-400 that would also be able to run my refrigerator...and computer!  I'm thinking that, while a great concept, the battery-back-up sump pump just became a non-starter in my life-plan.

I was a little surprised at a turn-away crowd at 0900 spin this AM.  I wasn't too concerned, ran a bit later than normal, and got the last open bike.  The instructor is by far the nicest gal in that role at our Gold's right now, so I imagine that a few folks just show up because of her.  Even so, with 50 degree temps here, indoor spin is a bit of a drag.  My pal Pete road his bike to work today.  But he is a little committed.

2 is meeting me at Augie for the second game.  I'll at least Tweet a report on the game later tonight.

TGIF to all.  And....

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

the sump pump is not how i'd want to spend that $$$. GO TOMMIES!!!!!
1.1 has got the grill going tonight...spring has got to be close.
i've been reading a book for pleasure the past week or so, and while i have been thoroughly enjoying it, it has really had a negative effect on my overall productivity in life. my new theory is that i may as well just sit and finish it (i've got about 400 pages to go) and then get on with my life. or at least that's what i'm going with to ease the guilt each time i pick it up instead of my school work.