Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Tuesday

So last week I had the following done to the Taurus:  1) Routine oil change; 2) Replaced the windshield wipers, and 3) Filled it up with petrol.  The question is, did the value of the car double immediately after the fill-up?  Hmmmm.

Black Friday has now become "Rivalry Day" on the Hawks' and the 'Huskers' new football schedules.  There are lots of stories today out there about the Big Ten agreeing to the request (I assume from NU) to move the game to the Friday after Thanksgiving to keep a tradition for Nebraska to have a game on that day.  Not a bad move in my opinion.  I mean, it's not like there are any sacred cows when it comes to scheduling anymore.  If there's enough money on the table, teams will play.

Selection Sunday is this weekend.  I'm thinking that those first four games that they will be played on Tuesday and Wednesday in Dayton will be good theater to start off the tourney.  Interesting that they won't have only those lowest ranking conferences winners in those games.  You could end up with a Georgetown or Michigan State (or similar team from a major conference) having to face that test.  If it works well, the question will be whether to expand by another eight teams to play another "pod" of play-in games at a Left Coast site next year.  Money, money, money.

More here later.  Have a great day.

LATER...

Sounds like 4 is finding the road a bit rocky this week.  I'm giving her the nod as Daughter of the Day as a little over-due recognition.  The pic is from a while back as I'm doing this on my desk-top and I stopped moving pic's on to this machine last year after all of the virus problems.  Still, a very nice smile on a very pretty girl.

Now I'm off to evening spin class.  I may get back on here a little later.
BCOT

No comments: