Thursday, July 01, 2010

Thursday AM

Well, that half of a year went pretty fast, eh?

While I was on the road last week and weekend, there was another death of a relatively young guy with whom I had done some business with locally in years' past.  62 years old.  Attorney.  Member of the investment club that I belonged to for a few years.  Heart attack.  The lesson from The Chorus: "Live like you were dyin'."

3 is back in NYC today.  Be a star, Kiddo!

The boys in the peloton are gathering in Rotterdam (The Netherlands) for Saturday's start to the TdF.  Another interesting starting point for a race that is The national sporting event for France.  They also hit Belgium before beginning their clock-wise journey through mostly the edges of eastern and southern France this year.  Hope the house in Tahoe gets Versus so that I can watch a few of the stages that week.

Have a great day.

LATER...

If I have to evaluate whether it makes economic sense to put a full tank of gas in the Taurus, is it a sign of a lack of faith in the ol' girl?  Actually, the same concept goes for my air conditioning unit at my house.  I mean, I just forked over $237 to re-charge the freon cell in the unit, which is at least a 10% offset against a new system.  Unfortunately, there's not an easy gauge to determine if the freon leakage-rate is days, weeks, months or years.

BCOT

No comments: