Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday

So we'll give the girls another day in the sun as collective Daughters of The Day.  Obviously, this was a pic from Reunion Day 2010.  Where's 1.01, you ask?  Don't recall, but I'm betting SRH is involved.

I briefly watched the ESPN game last night in the club lounge in Muskie, and Strasburg drew another sellout crowd, this time in Cincy.  It didn't look like he had his best stuff (he definitely struggled with location), but the Reds' hittters were guessing.  A guy with a 98mph heater shouldn't be allowed to throw a hook.  I think I'd even pay to see the guy throw.  (How's that for high praise?)

It looks like Contador has the TdF locked-up.  The final day in the hills produced no change in his 8-second lead, which he should add to in an individual time trial tomorrow or Saturday.  That would give him three titles.  The real deal.  Amazing how a three-week race can have an 8-second difference between first and second spots.

More later.  Headed to lunch at the 11th Street Precinct with my pal Bill.

LATER:

I'll be leaving shortly to catch up with my yard.  My Perfect Neighbor had mowed the grass in my absence, and I have ignored it since my return.  It's really not too bad except for a few small sections of marsh grass that have spiked kind of high.  If there was a high school kid in the neigborhood looking for Summer work, he could have my yard as a starting point.  I'm thinking that once you have an RCL, the road toward other domestic service providers becomes a slippery slope.

My replacement DirectTV receiver was delivered to my house during my vacation.  It has slightly different connections than the one turned in.  I haven't figured out the combination as of yet.  Then when I stopped by the local outlet to pick-up the defective one that I needed to send back to DirectTV, there was a mix up in the communications, and I got another replacement receiver delivered on Wednesday.  You could say that I am long on satellite receivers at this point.

My pal Ron is taking my back-up bike on RAGBRAI next week.  I had discouraged him from making a hurried, mid-Summer purchase of a new bike and have offered to loan him the Trek 2100 several times last month, but he was reluctant to do so.  Finally, that Thursday before Tahoe, he had to run me back to my place after some Bix at Six brewskies, and I shamed him into trying out the Trek.  Long story short, the Trek is headed back to what has to be close to double digits for RAGBRAI participation.  Although I haven't been with it for the last couple. 

Maybe a little more here later.

BCOT




BCOT

No comments: