Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday

Another hot one here today.  Summer in the Midwest remains hot and humid.  The heat-index at 1800 last night was well over 100.  I waited until after 2000 to mow the yard, and it was still a steamy proposition.

I'm giving 3 a special mention for Daughter Of The Day.  She's juggling major isses in Beantown with the job search, residence-in-flux, and handling of household goods storage as she exits her apartment at the end of the month.  Hang in there, Kiddo.  You can do it!

The Bix 7 run is this tomorrow in Davenport.  They get around 15,000 participants for the event, and it is the community's biggest Summer festival.  There's a jazz music focus as well.  Bix Biederbecke was a native of Davenport as is considered a jazz legend from the '20's.  Lots of parties this weekend.  I'm thinking that 3 will be at least walking the course.

I did get the DirectTV receiver hooked up last night.  It took about 20 minutes on the phone with a service rep to get through the set-up protocols.  The rep said she was located at a call center in Southern Nevada.  Gives you the NCIS-creeps when a techie in Nevada can control the TV in your basement in Iowa.  I have a little bit of local programming to finalize with my remote/clicker.  Still, I'm at least back on-line for CNBC in the mornings while I get ready for the office.

More here later.

BCOT

No comments: