Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday

I'm trying to decide if a gathering of two of four girls, plus a mom and dad constitutes a lower-case fff?

Enjoyed 4's brief visit. Not a lot of major events were held or attended, but the fam has mastered the art of "hangin", and we did that well the last couple of days.  I'm guessing that we'll have to come up with another meet-n-greet confab before the College World Series.

My replacement not-so-smart phone may have had a local-store programming error installed when they turned it on last week.  I was having very erratic receipt on incoming calls, sometimes no receipt.  And odd processing things, like calls or messages held in a queue that would only be released when I made a new call.  A floor salesperson told me yesterday that I needed to close out programs to increase the phone's efficiency.  Tried it last night and this morning, with no better outcomes.

Today, a different salesman (similarly qualified I'm sure) immediately handed me off to the techy in the back of the store.  Techy reached into the network from his desktop and, as he said, "cleaned-up" the records on the phone's serial number/phone number registration.  On-the-spot improvement.  I think that the sales guy who switched my number from the "loaner" phone last week to the new unit must have failed to check a couple of boxes in the procedure for the number's transfer to the new phone.  The loaner phone was probably still ringing in one of their drawers!

The "steal" that I've been getting on the Murphy Goode Cabernet may be a little over-stated.  After some Internet research on on-line wine sellers, I think that I have determined that Murphy Goode, like all wineries, sells different blends (or levels) of their Cabs.  There are obvious price differences in their Alexander Valley wines and their Sonoma wiines.  The bottles in these cases are labeled as "California".  I'm guessing that they have a bunch (no pun intended) of the 2007 vintage in the warehouses and they need to get rid of it to start selling the 2008 supplies.

The wine tastes fine, and at $9 a bottle, a lot better than when I have paid $20 for seemingly the same bottle in the past.  But I'm guessing that I have been sucked (suckered?) into a marketing ploy that has moved their less-expensive wine to the higher shelf where I normally shop.  Rule #19 probably applies:  if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is too (Murphy) Goode to be true.

I'm not sure that I have much of an opinion on the woman that the President has nominated for the Supreme Court.  I do find it interesting that a female educated in the Ivy League and celebrated for her Harvard-ness is a person of the People.  With no judicial experience.  Whatever.  We have a President with no experience.  Why not a Supreme Court judge?

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bought a couple bottles of Murphy Goode last night. Drank a glass in my rain boots and hoodie while planting some ground cover around my garage. I'm so classy.

Is it cue, or queue?