Friday, May 07, 2010

Friday AM

Looks like a rainy start to the weekend.  Glad I got the yard mowed last night after my ride.

The roller-coaster on Wall Street is all over the news today.  Obviously, there are some fundamentals in play (Greek debt, Euro decline, BP, blah, blah, and blah), but it sounds like there was a trading error that had a big effect as well.  How does a key-punch error lead to a 1000 point drop in the Dow?  After the big run over the last year or so, you have to wonder if a correction is over-due.  Does "Sell in May and Go Away" apply this year?

It looks like our location for Tahoe in July will be a smaller private home in Incline down closer to the lake.  It sleeps 8 (although there may be some bunk beds involved.  SRH says she can handle it!)  I haven't got the contract yet, but I've got an oral agreement through email.  We'll see.

I'm close to buying our airline tickets as well (SRH, 2 and myself).  The plan is to drive to C-town on Thursday night, stay at a park-and-fly hotel near Midway, and take the Midway-Reno direct flight on Friday on Southwest.  It's not so much a money play as it is an attempt to avoid a connection problem like we had on United our last time out there.  I'll be talking with 4 this weekend about her flight options as well. 

Props to Aunt Margaret for taking the lead on the reunion meal/materials planning.  Do we have an event name yet?  Like Reunion 2010? Or something more personal like, H Clan Commune 2010?  I'm thinking that there are great minds out there in the peanut gallery who can work on this.

This must be the Year of the Maple Seeds.  It's almost like Mother Nature has concluded that the world is short maple trees this year and is throwing down some extra buds to correct the situation.  The closest maple tree to my house is a couple of homes to my West, but when I mowed my yard last night, it was like I had a carpet of these things on my property.  And in the street this morning with the rain, you had streams of these things headed to the sewers.  (I hope they degrade quickly.)

3 has added another entry on her blog.  I'm thinking that angst is a term that may generally apply to her entries.  But they are certainly entertaining.

Maybe more here later.

BCOT

3 comments:

1 said...

YES! about tahoe...glad peeps are finally showing some interest! srh in bunk beds??! probs she'll have to take the top bunk....

1 said...

1.01 says thanks for her shout out :) there are lots more smiles where that came from!

Kristen Charles said...

I'll volunteer to snuggle with 3. I mean, if it helps.