Sunday, May 09, 2010

Sunday

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's.

This is one of my favorite pics of Margaret.  It was taken on a Sunday in March of 1967 when our team came home from the state basketball tournament with the 4th place trophy.  Not sure if in the broader scheme of things if that was such a great achievement, but we got as far as we could.  I was 18.  Mother was 59.  I'm sure that I thought she was an old lady at the time.

And here is a recent pic of SRH in celebration of her mom-ness of 1,2,3, and 4.  She's a big hit in the fam.  I may have made a small contribution to whatever it is that we have as a family, but SRH has done most of the heavy lifting.

Finally, here's 1 (by herself!) in recognition of her first Mother's Day. Not that there's much that separates theses three great ladies, but I'm making 1 Mother of the Day since it's her first time through the program.  You da' girl!

Great day here in the QCA.  Cold this AM.  Frost on the Taurus' windows.  After my SB's stop, I went over to watch the finish of the QC Distance Classic, the half-marathon that they run on the Illinois side every  Mother's Day that finishes on the track at Augie.  Really good weather for the runners, but I didn't see one of my buds who usually runs (and I usually harass from the gallery).  Lots of the Gold's crowd.  I got winded just watching.  Not even tempted.

Did a McCausland ride this afternoon when it had warmed up.  Little wind.  Probably took me less than half as long to get back as it did last week when I had the ugly head wind.

4 got in for a couple of nights' visit and (with 2 and the Winniferous) we did a steak BBQ at SRH's which was very successful.  Buy good meat.  Don't over-cook it.  Bring good wine.  Life is simple.

Hope everyone has a good week.

BCOT

1 comment:

camperkev said...

I think you should bring back the hat look UC.