Sunday, May 02, 2010

Sunday

Late afternoon shower here.  I had planned to break out the BBQ for the first time this year, but that will have to wait for another day.  Fortunately, I was able to get the yard mowed and trimmed before the clouds moved in, and Margret to the garage as well.  Not  bad results at all.  (What were the chances of both my gas-powered edger and trimmer starting on the first try of the year?  I had the Under.  And lost.  Who would have thunk it?)
My pal Pete and I did the DeWitt ride this AM, the earliest annual date for that ride.  Ever.  I think.  (Statistics like that are not all that verifiable.)  Another case of a tail wind out, and head wind on the return.  But the strength of the breeze was no where near the level of yesterday afternoon, and I drafted all the way back.  Suite.

1 reports that she did 8.5  in the wind yesterday with 1.01 in the Bob. Impressive.  (I couldn't do 8.5 unless I was in the Bob!)

3's mis-adventures this weekend for her C-town plans go to show you that you really can't rely on commercial air travel to get you from Point A to Point B at the scheduled times.  It's almost something to shout about when everything happens as planned.  What's that say about The System?

It's hard to read the stories about the oil spill in the Gulf.  Do we ever plan adequately when we think we have control over Mother Nature?  I mean, wouldn't an auto-shut-off valve be the first safety requirement for any off-shore well?  Is this too difficult of a concept to grasp?

Not sure I have a handle on the illegal immigrant legislation in Arizona.  As near as I have it, Arizona has stepped up and said that it is a crime to be an illegal immigrant in the state.  I need to analyze the definitional differences between "crime" and "illegal."  I'm guessing that the Southern border states have done some math and figured that one of the reasons for their budget woes is coverage of illegals with various state-provided services.  But with the exploding numbers of Hispanic voters, the law has become a lightening rod, and the libs (progressives?) are beating their breasts on racial profiling.

I should get my replacement not-so-smart phone tomorrow.  I'm guessing that I'll have to get over to the provider store to get the number transferred, and then get our office-LAN service provider to coordinate/sync-up with my laptop.  Chances of all this getting done tomorrow?  On the first effort at it?  I'm taking the Under again.

This business of locking my house is proving to be a difficult habit to adopt. 

I tried to upload some pics for this entry, but Blogger has some digestion problems tonight.  I'll try to add them tomorrow from my desktop.

Hope everyone has a good week.

BCOT

No comments: