Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday

Short entry today. My pal Bill and I are taking our two assistants who have been with us now over 25 years out for the evening. Detail and pics to follow tomorrow.

Winnie and I did a 3 mile run last night and she shows signs of being a good workout companion. Also signs of the carefree puppy.

I manage to partially unhook Winnie harness after the run, and unbeknownst to me, she chewed through one piece rendering the harness useless. I gave 2 a $10 bill to buy a replacement. Since when does dog-sitting cost the sitter? Then SRH told me that she had picked up the harness at Wally World for $3 bucks! So 2 makes $7 on the deal? No wonder 4000 Days ain't getting shorter!!

2 did confess that my Sunday entry had her hooked until the end. How do you spell "easily swayed"?

My front landscaping is 75-80% complete. I think that the the prairie flower stuff and mulch will wait till Spring. Pic to follow.

Now headed out for the evening. Can you say, "Private plane to C-town"?

BCOT

2 comments:

2 said...

While I am very appreciative of the harness that mom bought, perhaps it was the low cost that made it so easy for Winnie to chew through it. It was replaced by a $10 harness that has leather incorporated into it. Hopefully she can't tear through this one so easily.

I took Winnie for a run last night and she was worthless again! Maybe she just likes running with dad more than me, but she has a 10 second attention span and poops out after about 30 minutes. That being said, so is so nice and calm for the rest of the night...

1 said...

i was also hooked on the sunday entry till the end. i mean, it could have happened! sorry for 2 that she has such a chewer. watch out for the legs on tables and chairs and the corners of walls. we had to do some drywall repairs after lucy got over that stage. keep any extra paint around to patch up chewed on walls!
lucy also is no good to run with, but when she was a little younger jim could get her to go on a run/walk. maybe it's the older man thing?
baby shower here at work today and i'm feeling kind of awkward about all these people i only sort of know buying me stuff.
friday never looked so good. even though i really never do anything at night, i'm totally exhausted when i'm done with my school day.
the baby is kicking and moving tons and i can't wait to show everyone how my stomach moves:)