Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday

So I dug out some of my old USAF uniform stuff to wear over to the Arsenal later today. I've worn the shirt on an occasional basis over the last few years. Found the silver Lt. bars, but haven't located the blue, plastic nameplate. I'll keep my eyes out for it over the next year.
.
My office computer still has a virus. The IT vendor has been trying to isolate and remediate the bug remotely over the last couple of days, and the worm has proven to be very illusive. (The service provider has a "Go To Meeting" -like linkage which gives the tech access to my machine from afar.) Not real dastardly at this point, but a nuisance. It's cookie allows pop-ups to enter just about anytime that I'm on the Internet. I'm pretty sure that the bug was attached to a blue email that I received from one of my better clients last week.
.
There will be a small celebration here on the blog later this week as I pass the four year anniversary for 4000 Days. My recollection is that I started this with a 10 year projection to some kind of retirement, and rounded the 3650 total to 4000 for presentation purposes. Four times 365 + 1 (for the Leap Year day) equals 1461, which, when divided by 4000 equals 36.5%. Not sure what that statistic means.
.
The media vulchers are circling the football offices in South Bend. Can't say that I am all that troubled by this development. The guy can't beat anyone with a winning record, and I don't think that it is now a question of on-the-field talent. I mean, Navy? (Don't get me wrong; I never cheer against the military academies.) And given the records of their next three opponents, and the passion that those opponents will bring to the games, a 6-6 final record is not that much of a stretch. Certainly if that is the final result, Charlie Weis will be gone. And deservedly so.
.
Augie's b-ball season (and one of my main Winter pastimes) opens tonight with a controlled scrimmage against Loras College. They start playing for real next Monday. I had toyed with going to their game at Gonzaga in December, but that is just not going to happen.
.
More here later.
.
BCOT

3 comments:

1 said...

so does this mean six years is still looking like an end time?

4 said...

Yeah, and, if you think about six years, well, you got through six years of college tuition, in the past four years. That's something, right?

PS 1. Thanks for the pic. YOU ARE SO PREGNANT. Do you eat a lot more food than 1.1 yet?

1 said...

the baby is starting to get to be a space hog. she is very pushy...and to think i've still got 10 weeks to go! i think i'm past the constant hungry & eating phase because my stomach is so smashed that there isn't as much room anymore:( i get full very quickly. i'm also forced to sit up straight so that i have enough room to breathe.
it seems like running got harder this week. i'm determined to keep it up, though, because i'm on track to have an "average" sized baby, which means around 7lbs, and i'm not interested in anything bigger than that!
i can't wait to see everyone at thanksgiving so you can see and feel the belly! it is so bizarre!