Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday

Again, no strong excuse for my absence here. Just never quite got in the mood to sit down at a computer yesterday.


Iowa City was pretty tame on Saturday. It was nice for mid-November, but still a little too cool to be pure party time. By the end of the game, we were ready to fire up the car and get some heat going. It was one of the more boring games that I have attended in a long time. The highlight was a goal-line stand by the Iowa defense. With more punts than total points between the teams, and like 300 yards of total offense, raking leaves would have been more exciting.

My earlier post on Charlie Weis at ND is coming home to roost. A loss this coming Saturday at Stanford, and you have a 6-6 record. Who would have thunk it? While ND may not have the most talent out there, they have enough that a good college coach should be able to get 9-10 wins against their current schedule. I mean, Navy got beat by Temple who lost to Villanova who lost to New Hampshire. Whatever. At this point, I've lost interest.

1 is very excited about Joe Mauer being named American League MVP today. He is a stud. Will they be able to keep him in the TC?

2 and I did a pass-through to the Augie game on Saturday night. The competition wasn't that good, and we left at half with the home boys up by 20+. I repeat my earlier evaluation: these guys could be pretty good by the end of the year. Lots of horses. They'll wear most teams down. But probably not Gonzaga when they play there in a couple of weeks.

I do my last training run for the TT tonight. A very light workout tomorrow night. Spin on Wednesday AM. And then it's Showtime. The Danny Sheridan line on me making it home in under an hour just moved to +120 seconds which means that "the house" thinks my time will be 62 minutes plus a second. On that analysis, take the under.

I'll get back to this after I do my run.

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

i thought of printing the jesus image off and hanging it on my cart (the equivalant of posting it on your wall, but i don't have a room with walls...i digress) then i thought of all of the innocents out there i might offend and refrained. sigh.