Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday

The pics from the weekend will have to wait another day. Since we really never "did pictures", I'm going to have to put the candids on my desktop and use the photo-adjust function to get rid of some red eye and extraneous background clutter. Stay tuned.

Under the presumption that 4 gets back to Lincoln shortly (and 3's flights tomorrow work out), it's fair to say that the Thanksgiving weekend in the QCA was a success. Lots of good food, relaxation and FFF.

My earlier prediction of a 6-6 ND (when they were 6-3) came to fruition. Now the parties need to do the dance and send Weis on his way to the NFL. With his pockets full. Make it quick. The trouble is that they need to get a guy in there who can break the chain: Davie to Willingham to Weis doesn't exactly inspire greatness.

Does Tiger get the same media pass as the Big O?

One of the revelations that comes out of a weekend like this where we spend a lot of time together, and the girls get into wide ranging conversations, is that I have very little clue about what goes on in the culture of 20-30 year-olds. Whether it is music, movies, TV, Internet connections, or any of the topics that might come up in their chats, it's just obvious that I live in another world.

I put my BBQ away for the season this afternoon. And all my garden hoses. Does that mean Winter is nigh?

3 went with me to spin class this AM. I'm thinking that for the next six weeks or so that I'll just do the Sunday and Wednesday classes to keep a base in cycling. I'll wait until mid-January before I get serious about cycle conditioning for the 2010 season. I've got plenty of other exercise equipment in my personal gym to keep me busy in the mean time.

One of the other things that did come out of the weekend is that our crew collectively wants to get the clan's 2010 Tahoe reunion set on the calendar. Keeping in mind that some of us plan to stay a week or more, later in July seems to be the preference. We all have scheduling considerations, but the sooner we can set the date, the better. I'll call Tahoe Phil to get the ball rolling.

More tomorrow.

BCOT

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I thought the date was set for July 9-11 or was that just tentative?

camperkev said...

I too thought it was set for the July 9th range.

BBQ is a year round activity/method of preparing cuisine. Why put it away just b/c it's cold out?

Anonymous said...

It's just like March Madness the commissioner has spoken. The dates are set...
Tahoe Phil

camperkev said...

perhaps Tahoe Phil could send out an official press release?

Carrie said...

Should I reserve the blue room here on 4000 Days, or is there another location for that??