Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday

1 reports that her 9th grade girls b-ball team lost their first outing today. Wins may be hard to come by this year. Most of the girls with skills have been moved up to the soph or JV teams. Hang in there, Kiddo.

A side-bar to the telephone story from the weekend was the store manager's effort to provide some extra customer service to me as 3 made her phone and plan selections. I was in attendance because I was needed to sign-off on the swap of the phone number from US Cellular to AT&T, not because I like dealing with "the phone company". And I had just finished my run with 2 within the hour of 3's request to tackle what we both anticipated (correctly) to be a pain in the posterior. The run in which I re-strained my gastocnemius calf muscle.

Anyway, I was hobbling around the store a bit just looking for a place to sit and do my crossword (NYT Friday) while 2 did her business. Recognizing my search, and potential disability, the manager asked if she could get me a chair from the back. And was quick to consent to my suggestion of me taking a spot on the floor partially behind the counter. Then she repeated her offer for the chair. And then offered me a glass of water to boot! I must have presented a very elderly sight.

In a surprising move, my carrier, US Cellular, actually ended service for 3's phone on the day of the switch. Like they were supposed to do. I'll be curious about the final bill. You pay for the month in advance on the regular bill. I wonder if I have a refund in my future?

My pal Roy is back in the saddle. But he needs to have the medics cut back on some of the drugs. I think that they have prescribed drugs for him to counter the effects of some of the other drugs that he's supposed to take.

Tuesday was a better day for me than Monday, but I'm hoping for a consistent upward trend for the week. In the service business, a substantial chunk of your time is devoted to problem-solving. When new problems occur at a faster rate than your solution generation capacity, you end up with an excess inventory of problems. (There's a linear relationship between problem inventory and desk-pile altitude. But that's another story.) There must be an algebraic equation that can help here.

I need to get out of here. Y'all have a good evening.

BCOT

No comments: