Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday

Thanks to 3 for a Wednesday entry on my behalf.

The medical procedure went pretty much as forecast. Not a lot of fun.

The new laptop is in my possession. The hookup with Verizon should be confirmed tomorrow. I'll be in business by the weekend.

My pal Roy has returned from an extended trip to South America. Sounds like they saw lots of stuff. I'll be anxious to get "the rest of the story" over dinner sometime soon.

The Anniversary Edition of 4000 Days has really not been outlined. I know that two years equals 730 days and that 730 is around 18% of 4000. And 18% of 5 miles is not even a single mile. So in terms of the Turkey Trot, I haven't even hit the Main Street hill on my journey to 4000. Does that make any sense?

The Top Ten occurences since the start of the blog. No necessarily in the order of importance:

1. 1 and 1.1's wedding in St. Paul July 2007.
2. 3's graduation from Iowa in May 2007.
3. Cabo January 2006. The 2007 trip sucked.
4. KC wedding June 2006.
5. Tahoe wedding July 2006.
6. 4's birthday 2005. And every other time the fam was all there.
7. Wrigleyville with 2,3, and 4 September 2007. Not going to the game.
8. Tailgating in IC. Particularly with the VIP parking pass 2006.
9. Training with 2 for the TT. Today. Are you kidding?
10. Coffee chatting at SB's. From coast to coast.

This list could be a lot longer. Interesting how most of the events are travel experiences of some sort or another. But all require the inclusion of family or close friends.

I have also enjoyed the time at the computer adding to the 0dyssey that has become 4000 Days. My challenge has become to capture a topic and find something to say that will be of interest to my readers. No one wants to read about another's daily life unless there is an element of escapism that can fire a little imagination in the reader.

The media, sports columnists in particular, get to the reader by controversial statements meant to inflame one segment and to spark advocates to defend the premise. That's how they keep their readers/listeners. That's the equivalent of taking a sledge hammer to a classic Mercedes at the carport of an exclusive country club. Little creativity to get a sharp reaction.

My goal in the next year, the next 9% of my trek for the mathematicians in the crowd, is to continue to find a few interesting things in this collective thing called life. I've been satisfied with the use of USA Today-like sections to group topics and ideas. Unfortunately, these last couple of weeks have been difficult to find a groove because of travel or medical matters. But that's the organizational direction that I will follow as I continue to work these keys.

Sorry for not being more eloquent. Gotta go for training with 2. By this time next week, we'll be into turkey leftovers and reading our times in the TT on my laptop.

BCOT

No comments: