Saturday, November 10, 2007

Saturday

Checking in on a Saturday evening.

Glad to see 3 give a little report on our evening. The idea of FFF in Chicago is all well and good, but we'll need the Lottery to come home before we take the whole fam to a trendy place on the Magnificent Mile.

3's office is located on the 24th floor of a very nice building close to the Sear's Tower. The two-or-three story street-level atrium is ringed with bamboo trees that must be 30-40 feet tall. I looked for koala's, but didn't see any. Security required check-in and authentication. Airport-style metal detector's and x-ray screening of brief cases or the like. 3 did say that you could get a gun through if it was wrapped in a taco shell.

2 and I did a nice run this AM. I checked my 2006 calendar and we were usually running that route last year less than a minute faster than today's pace. Which is a good sign for the TT. Then this afternoon I did our regular route, just a hair slower than on the days when I/we run only the one time. Another good sign. But T-Day is rushing to us, so I'll probably have only 6-7 more days of training.

4 was a star in some "crowd" shots on last night's Big Ten Network broadcast of the Iowa basketball game. 2 said that she and her new friend were at Buffalo WW's for dinner when she looked up to the screen and there was 4! In the front row.

One of my accomplishments while in C-town was the 98% completion of Thursday's Sun Times' diagram-less crossword. That's the kind where they don't give you any of the blacked-out boxes, and you have to figure out the length of solution words in order to blacken the appropriate boxes. It adds a little complexity to the puzzle. Obviously, if you can't get the solution to 1 Across, you might want to just go to the Comics section.

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day. I'll be going to Arsenal Island for the ceremony after lunch. I wonder if they made arrangements for a band? Salute a vet tomorrow.

I stopped in at the new SB's at 53rd and Elmore this AM. I'll go back. I know several of the staff who transferred to that location, and they treat me pretty well.

BTW... Wednesday is the two year anniversary of 4000 Days.

All for today.

BCOT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOO has a new friend?! YESSS! details?

Anonymous said...

Of all the things he wrote about, THAT is what you are most interested in? Sad...