Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

FFF in Bettendorf has been a success.

The TT was a success as well. 1 finished seventh out of seventy-some in her age group. I broke an hour which was my goal. And 1.1 and 2 finished at their respective paces. 2 ran with me and 1.1 was doing a short training run in anticipation of another try at a marathon next week in Memphis. It was a bit cool and there was a northerly breeze. SB's for a post-race cup-o-joe.

My pal Roy has had a tough couple of days. He had a dizzy "episode" while playing golf in South Carolina on Tuesday and ended up coming back to some hospital time. He was discharged earlier today, but he's going to have to take it easy for a few days. No truth to the rumor that the new Mrs. Carver was doctoring his drinks while on the honeymoon.

The crew might head out for "combat shopping" in the AM. I see where Kohl's is open at 4 AM tomorrow. I'll definitely be avoiding the retail areas all day.

OK. With everyone here, I'll rely on face-to-face dialog for the rest of today's exchange. More here tomorrow.

BCOT

No comments: