Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday

I really hate to say this, but I'm not going to be able to blog today.

It's Susan's tax birthday and we are having a little FFF dinner at Biaggi's. That doesnt give me enough time to get into character for the blook. It will have to be tomorrow. Frank and Melanie have a non-date to discuss.

No ride tonight either. I DID get a brutal 20 mile ride in last night in the wind, pouring rain and cold. It looked a little cloudy to the north when I started out, then by the time I hit Forest Grove at Devil's Glen it had started to spit. At Forest Grove and Middle, it was a pretty steady shower. No prob. A mile later, it was pelting me sideways, and that's what I had to deal with most of the rest of the ride. I did two loops on the hills around Davenport Country Club to get in my 20+ miles. By the time I retraced Forest Grove over to Devil's Glen, the rain was done. The ride South was with the wind. But my fingers were so cold, I couldn't shift into the big chain ring. When I got home, I literally fell off the bike because I had no feeling in my feet and couldn't get out of the clipless pedals. It was a long hot shower for relief.

So I'm off to FFF.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you all sounded like you were having so much fun last night, i was jealous. i can't wait for everyone to come visit next weekend. (the girls, anyway). it will be a blast! miss you all